Upcoming Presentations and Workshops
Ontario EcoSchools Introduction to EcoSchools Workshop Series 2013-2014
At these workshops participants will be able to:
- Learn about the EcoSchools program and resources, including the online certification application
- Explore capacity building and student engagement strategies in enviro education
- Address specific questions or issues teachers/staff are facing
- Network with other teachers and board staff from boards in your region and learn from each other’s experiences (4-5 boards are represented at each regional workshop)
All of this will help towards reducing the environmental impact of your school…and becoming a Certified EcoSchool!
When: Fall workshops start October 1st and run until beginning of November
Where: 7 regions across Ontario:
||Tues. Oct 1st
||Tues. Oct 8th
||Wed. Oct 9th
||Thurs. Oct 17th
||RDSB or Science North
||Wed. Oct 16th
||Wed. Oct 23rd
||Thurs. Oct. 24th
||Fri. Oct. 25th
||Tues. Oct 29th
||Fri. Nov. 1st
Who should attend?
- These workshops are for both elementary and secondary teachers (custodians are also welcome)
- We suggest that pairs of teachers that are either new to the program or interested in environmental education/Ontario EcoSchools but have not yet been certified attend the workshop
- Your board’s EcoSchools representative should also attend...a great networking opportunity!
Cost: FREE! Travel costs are not covered. We encourage you to car pool wherever possible.
If you are a teacher iinterested in attending, please contact your board representative or email info (at) ontarioecoschools.org.