Upcoming Presentations and Workshops
Ontario EcoSchools Introduction to EcoSchools Workshop Series 2011-2012
At these workshops participants will be able to:
- Learn about the EcoSchools program and resources, including the online certification application
- Explore capacity building and student engagement strategies in enviro education
- Address specific questions or issues teachers/staff are facing
- Network with other teachers and board staff from boards in your region and learn from each other’s experiences (4-5 boards are represented at each regional workshop)
All of this will help towards reducing the environmental impact of your school…and becoming a Certified EcoSchool!
When: Fall workshops start September 28th and run until beginning of November
Where: 7 regions across Ontario:
- London (TVDSB, GECDSB, LCDSB, WECDSB, HPCDSB, LKDSB, BHNDSB)
- Waterloo (WCDSB, AMDSB, UGDSB, WCSSB)
- Hamilton (HWCDSB, HWDSB, NCDSB, GEDSB, DSBN)
- Durham (DDSB, DCDSB, TCDSB, YCDSB)
- Barrie (BWDSB, SCDSB, SMCDSB, NNDSB, RDSB, ADSB, TLDSB)
- Peterborough (KPRDSB, PVNCCDSB, LDSB, TLDSB, ALCDSB)
- Ottawa (OCDSB, OCSSB, CDSBEO, UCDSB, RCDSB, RCCDSB)
Who should attend?
- This workshop is for both elementary and secondary teachers (custodians are also welcome)
- We suggest that pairs of teachers that are either new to the program or interested in environmental education/Ontario EcoSchools but have not yet been certified attend the workshop
- Your board’s EcoSchools representative should also attend...a great networking opportunity!
Cost: FREE! Travel costs are not covered. We encourage you to car pool wherever possible.
If you are interested in attending, please contact your board representative or email info (at) ontarioecoschools.org.